Organized in Savannah, Georgia, August 13, 1783
Last recorded meeting of the original society held in Savannah, March 2, 1822
Reorganized in Savannah, March 4, 1899
Readmitted as a constituent society by the General Society, October 18, 1902
Incorporated in the State of Georgia, May 30, 1904
Assembled by the call of Gen. Lachlan McIntosh at Capt. John Lucas's headquarters in Savannah on August 13, 1783, the Georgia Society was the seventh constituent society to organize. General McIntosh was elected its first president; Col. Samuel Elbert, vice president; Capt. John Milton, secretary; Lt. Col. John McIntosh, treasurer; and Maj. John Habersham, assistant treasurer. While about forty members originally joined the Georgia Society, their numbers nearly doubled with members of other constituent societies who settled in the state after the war and transferred their memberships.
The Georgia Society met regularly through the remainder of the eighteenth century, when activity began to decline. Although the last recorded meeting was in 1822, surviving members of the Georgia Society took part in festivities celebrating the marquis de Lafayette's visit to Savannah in 1825.
The Georgia Society was revived by descendants of the original members in 1899 and was readmitted to the General Society in 1904.